Monday, February 7, 2011

WEEK 4

Okay, I'm back.  No, I didn't quit the program; just been fighting off a virus all week.  I  wasn't able to workout all week because I wasn't feeling well, but I used the time to focus on my diet a little more.  I've been on a roll though and not being able to workout was killing me, so on Thursday I grabbed a Monster Milk protein shake and walked into the gym to give it a go.  I'm pretty sure Kevin knew I hadn't been feeling well all week but I had a feeling that really wouldn't matter.   They had already gone through all of the warm-up when I walked in and, sure enough, he already had a pair of 30lb dumbbells waiting for me.....

Russian Twists: 30lbs x 40 reps
Ab Leg Raises w/ Hip Thrust: 30 reps
Ab Bicycles: 50 reps
Arnold Dumbbell Push Press: 30lbs x 15 reps
Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 30lbs x 15 reps
Diamond Push Up: 15 reps
Static Anterior Raise: 30lbs x
Suicides: 2 x baseline to baseline
Alternating V-Ups:  40 reps 
Frog Sit-ups: 20 reps
Jumping Jacks: 40 reps
Walking Lunges:  sideline to sideline
Farmer's Run: 30lbs - 3 x baseline to baseline


Kevin made a deal with us on these Farmer's Runs.  If all of us could go non-stop for 3 trips back and forth that would be it, but if anyone stopped or paused we would all have to do 5 trips baseline to baseline.  I think the thought of 2 extra trips was pretty motivating because we all raced through our sets without even thinking about stopping or pausing.  After this exercise we got a 1 minute break to catch our breaths.  After the break Kevin informed us that we would be running through this final stretch with no breaks......


Balance Sit-up: 20 reps (see Week Two - Day 5)
Ab Bicycles: 50 reps
Acceleration Wall Drill-Run: 3 x 20 secs (see Week One - Entry One)
Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 30lbs x 15 reps
Diamond Push Up: 15 reps
Russian Twists: 30lbs x 40 reps
Ab Pike: 20 reps 
Advanced Planks: 20 reps (see Week Three - Day 3)
Ab Plank: 2 x 30 secs
Wide Push Up: 15 reps
Regular Push Up: 20 reps 


Even though I felt horrible coming into this workout, I made it through and felt great afterwards.  It was downhill from there though.  Guess I was tired from working out because the bug I had been fighting off all week finally caught up with me and brought any thoughts of working out on Saturday to a halt.  I spent the weekend loaded up on Nyquil and hot tea, only coming out on Sunday to watch my Green Bay Packers take the Lombardi Trophy back home.  I have to say, it was really nice of the Steelers to go all the way to Texas just to give us our championship trophy back:)


The plan for the next week is to increase my cardio in order to make up for my missed workouts last week.  Think I might try out a spin class or two this week......

No comments:

Post a Comment