Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WEEK ONE - ENTRY ONE

Starting off my first week doing Star Max Elite with Kevin at the helm.  Figured boot camp 2 days a week would be a good foundation for the first 6 weeks of my program but the grin Kevin had on his face all day had me wondering what I was getting myself into.  I wander around the gym waiting for 6:15pm and when the clock strikes, Kevin suddenly appears out of nowhere and starts barking orders.  Here we go......

-Sprints: 6 times back and forth across the basketball court
-Dynamic stretching: high knees, butt kicks, frankensteins, heel tuck(in), heel tuck(out) across the court and broken up by sprints.
-Suicides w/ back pedal: 2 times on basketball court

Seems like a lot of running right?  I thought so too but I was ready for this, so no problem......and then I was informed that the workout was about about to begin. What? That wasn't it?  Oh, that was just the warm up.  Okay, what's next.

-Roman twists:  20lbs x 40 reps
-Alternating V-Ups: 30 reps
-1 arm DB snatches: 20lbs x 15 reps
-Bicep Curl/Shoulder press: 20lbs x 20 reps
-Walking lunges: 20lbs sideline to sideline x 2
-Karaoke: 2 x baseline to baseline and back pedal across the free throw area

Right about now my legs were just about dead and we got a 30 second break.  Figured we were almost done by now, so I asked the front desk for the time.......6:42pm.  "What?  We haven't even been going for 30 minutes yet?  I'm gonna need that bottle of water I paid for earlier."  Well, here we go again.

-Toe touches: 30 reps
-Ab Leg Raises(straight): 20 reps
-Ab Leg Raises(legs spread): 20 reps
-Farmer's Run: 20lbs baseline to baseline x 4
  
For those of you who don't know a Farmer's walk is when you take a weight in each hand and while keeping your arms at your sides, shoulder back and chest out, walk forward several feet and then return to your starting point.  Kevin's sadistic twist on this is to make us run instead of walk, after all the other leg stuff we already did.  I walked.  Hey, it's my first day back!! After another quick breather we hit the finishing stretch.

-Push-ups: 15 reps
-2 Arm DB Row: 20lbs x 15 reps
-Explosive DB Squat Press: 20lbs x 15 reps

By this time my legs weren't responding to anything more than basic commands and exploding out of a squat into a shoulder press just wasn't happening, so I ended up just doing body weight squats for 10 reps.

-Walking lunges w/ Bicep Curl: 20lbs sideline to sideline x 2
-DB Tricep Extension: 20lbs x 20 reps
-Flutter Kicks: 3 sets x ??? (Kevin was counting down from 10 but those darn sure weren't seconds he was counting)
-Ab Bridge: 4 sets (Kevin did his mysterious count down again but I think he was really just trying to make us tap out)
-Wind Sprints: 4 x baseline to baseline
-Stretching

Done....finally!!  Made it through workout number one with my fist trainer, with only 2 or 3 bouts of dizziness......maybe 4,  and I didn't throw up lol.  I'm exhausted and it feels great!!!  7 more trainers waiting their turn to put me through the ringer though, so stay tuned to see if I've bitten off more than I can chew lol  So far I have Kevin on Thursday and Ben on Saturday morning.   Grabbed a protein shake on the way out of the gym and I'm definitely looking forward to the next 8 weeks;)

No comments:

Post a Comment