Tuesday, February 1, 2011

WEEK THREE - DAY 5

Three weeks into working out again and I feel great.  It's been over 2 years since I've worked out regularly and but I can feel muscle memory kicking in as my muscles get reacclimated to being ripped up over and over again. Half way through the 6 week Star Max program and every workout has been a surprise, so far.  I walked in on this Thursday evening wondering what Kevin had in store for us.  I moved up from 20lb dumbbells to 25lb dumbbells on Tuesday and when I walked onto the court today Kevin had the 30lb dumbbells lined up and waiting for me.  I guess I made our last workout look too easy??

Sprints: 6 x baseline to baseline
Dynamic Stretch: High Knees(2x), butt kicks(2x), frankensteins(2x), heel tuck-in, heel tuck-out baseline to baseline and broken up with sprints.

Walking Lunges: 330lbs sideline to sideline
Dumbbell Bicep Curl w/ Shoulder press: 30lbs x 15 reps
Lying Leg Raise w/ Hip Thrust:  20 reps
Ab Toe Touches: 30lbs x 30 reps
Plyometric Push Up w/ Clap: 15 reps
Diamond Push Up: 15 reps
Wide Push Up: 15 reps
Alternating V-Ups: 50 reps
Medicine Ball Toss: 11lb x 10 reps
Back-to-Back Medicine Ball Pass:  11lbs x 20 reps


Between the weather and people being sick we were a little thin today and the only other person working out with me had to run out on an emergency.  We were about 35 minutes in and instead of staying on the court and having Kevin run me to death I asked if we could finish up with a quick back and shoulder workout.  I guess I must have spoken in Spanish by accident because Kevin heard me say "let's scratch the last 35 minutes of our workout and do a full back and shoulders workout instead" .......


1 Arm Dumbbell Row: 1 set - 60lbs x 12 reps, 2 sets - 70lbs x 12 reps
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 1 set - 40lbs x 12 reps, 2 sets - 30lbs x 25 reps


We did 3 sets of these two exercises as a  superset.


Wide Grip Pulldown: 130lbs x 12 reps
Close Grip Cable Row: 140lbs x 12 reps
Cable Front Raise w/ Rope: 30lbs x 12 reps


We did 3 sets of these three exercises as a  tri-set.


Romanian Deadlift Row: 105lbs x 10 reps
Cable Lateral Raise: 40lbs x 12 reps


We did these two exercises as a  superset.  The plan was to do 3 sets but by now I was totally burnt and have to admit I tapped out.  I was trying to push through but at this point we were almost and hour and a half into the workout and my back and shoulders were completely burnt out.  I had already been threatening Kevin for the last 20 minutes or so to no avail and as I tapped out I think I noticed a little smirk cross his lips.  That's cool though....I don't plan on tapping out again anytime soon and I'll be back for more next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment