Friday, February 18, 2011

WEEK 6 - DAY 3

So this is the last week of Star Max and I feel great.  6 Weeks of Star Max training has definitely helped to jump start my workouts again.  I'm back into a routine and feeling leaner, stronger and faster than just a few weeks ago.  I told Kevin that this would be my last day of Star Max because I had an appointment on Thursday at our regular Star Max time and as soon as I told him I began to wonder if maybe I should have kept that to myself.  No need to give him any extra motivation or reason to to turn this thing up.  No worries though because either way I was planning on finishing strong.  We started off with our regular warm-up and then grabbed our dumbbells and got to work....


--Sprints: 6 x baseline to baseline
--Dynamic Stretch: high knees(2x), butt kicks(2x), frankensteins(2x), heel tuck(in), heel tuck(out) baseline to baseline and broken up by sprints



--DB Squat Press: 30lbs x 20 reps
--Ab Leg Raises: 15 reps
--Side Plank Dumbbell Raise: 30lbs x 20 reps


These plank dumbbell raises were brutal.  Should have known Kevin was going to find something new to throw into the routine.  We did these five at a time on each side, for a total of 20 reps(10 on each side)


--DB Flyes w/ Flutter Kicks: 30lbs - 3 x 30 secs


Kevin actually claims he had a dream about this exercise the night before and I actually believe him; nowhere on the internet have I been able to find any combination of these two exercises and you know the "internets" has everything.  We did the dumbbell flyes while doing flutter kicks and Kevin counted down the 30 seconds for flutter kicks.  I have to say Kevin's 30 seconds are waay longer than any 30 seconds I've experienced.


--Ab Toe Touches: 50 reps
--Backpedal Suicides: 3 x baseline to baseline
--Ab Bicycles: 50 reps
--Frog Sit-ups: 20 reps
--Sprints10 x baseline to baseline


Don't know what was up with all this running but I have to admit, I wasn't as gassed or winded as I was in the beginning.  Also, we were missing a couple people, so it was only us big boys sprinting across the court and I was winning.....well at least that's what I told myself to get through it(hey, you gotta get motivation where you somewhere)

--Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 30lbs x 15 reps

--DB Power Clean: 30lbs x 20 reps
--Acceleration Wall Drill-Run: 3 x 30 secs 
--Walking Lunges:  sideline to sideline
--2 Arm Dumbbell Row: 30lbs x 20 reps
--DB Squat Press: 30lbs x 20 reps
--Side Lunges: 20 reps


And we were done.  I kept trying to get Kevin to tone down all that running by saying that this was a "big boy" workout but he wasn't listening.  Since Star Max is over, I'm going to have to fill in for it next week.  I already told a couple of ladies in the Step class that I'll be joining them next week, so that's a start.  I have never in my life done a step class, so stay tuned for that story.  Think I might have to film that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment