Monday, February 14, 2011

WEEK 5 - DAY 5

So, I think Kevin's goal is to see just how much weight it would take to get me to tap out of one of these workouts because we're going up in weight every workout now.  This time I walked in and noticed that Kevin had loaded up 3 plates on each side of my cardio bar.  We just jumped up from 55lbs to 66lbs(each plate is 5kg) and I knew he wasn't going to lower any reps.  There was no point in complaining though, so I just muttered some mama jokes to myself and got to it.......


--Sprints: 6 x baseline to baseline
--Dynamic Stretch: high knees(2x), butt kicks(2x), frankensteins(2x), heel tuck(in), heel tuck(out) baseline to baseline and broken up by sprints



--Barbell Squat: 66lbs x 20 reps
--Side Lunges: 20 reps
--Bar Hops: 30 seconds (2x)


Bar hop is an agility exercise in which you repeatedly jump back and forth over a bar.  For this one we were hopping back and forth over our barbells, and I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I'm over 260lbs, so doing this for 30 seconds straight was no easy feat.  I got it done but it sure wasn't pretty.


--Ab Leg Raises: 15 reps
--Bench Press: 66lbs x 20 reps
--Barbell Push Crunch(Flat): 66lbs x 20 reps

--Barbell Squat: 66lbs x 20 reps
--Bar Hops: 30 seconds (2x)
--Barbell Bicep Curls: 66lbs x 15 reps
--Hang Cleans: 66lbs x 15 reps
--Barbell Row: 66lbs x 15 reps
--M Drill(Regular):  3x 
--M Drill(Shuffle): 3x

For the regular "M" drill, 5 cones are set at angles in the shape of an "M" to provide quick acceleration forward to quick hip turns in the back pedal. 1-5 represent the different turns in the "M".  From Cone 1, you run to Cone 2. Next, you back pedal to Cone 3.  Turn your hips, run to Cone 4.  Back pedal to 5 and then turn and sprint from 5 to 1 and repeat.  For the shuffle "M" drill, you slide from cone to cone, turning your hips at each cone and staying in a crouched position.  At Cone 5, sprint back to Cone 1 and repeat.  I was totally gassed out after doing all of these drills.  

We took a 60 second break at this point and I ran to get some water......well, it wasn't really a run but I was trying.

--Ab Bicycles: 50 reps
--Ab Toe Touches: 30 reps
--Ab Bicycles: 50 reps
--Ab Toe Touches: 30 reps
--Barbell Squat: 66lbs x 15 reps
--Barbell Front Squat: 66lbs x 15 reps
--Acceleration Wall Drill-Run: 3 x 20 secs (see Week One - Entry One)
--Barbell Row: 66lbs x 10 reps


This workout was rough and I was glad to be done with it.  As we get towards the end of Star Max our breaks are getting fewer and I'm realizing that I really don't need as many.  I more week of Star Max to go.  Let's see what Kevin has in store.



No comments:

Post a Comment